Moleskine Sketchbook inky Map Drawing of Madrid
Moleskine Sketchbook inky Map Drawing of Madrid. Full of vibrancy and life, Madrid is a bustling city and a delight to all of the senses. This energetic city is rife with culture, stunning architecture and natural beauty. While on my daytrip to Madrid, I visited:
- Royal Palace of Madrid: While the royal family no longer resides here, it is still their official residence. Its architecture was inspired by sketches that Bernini made for the construction of the Louvre in Paris, and features impressive works such as the Throne Hall’s ceiling which has been painted by Tiepolo and a collection of Stradivari instruments in the Royal Chapel.
- Plaza Mayor: The Main Square in Madrid is surrounded by three-story buildings decorated with eye-catching facades. Throughout history, it has set the scene for many diverse events like bullfights, football games and public executions.
- Museo Nacional Centro De Arte Reina Sofia: The Sofia is Spain’s national museum of 20th Century Art. Dedicated mainly to Spanish art, it houses impressive collections for Salvador Dali and Pablo Picasso.
- El Osoy El Madrono: The Statue of the Bear and the Strawberry Tree is one of the most famous statues in Madrid. Located in La Puerto del Sol Square in Madrid, it represents the coat of arms for the city.
- Cybele Palace: Originally opened in 1919 as headquarters of Spain’s national postal service, Cybele Palace is now the seat of the City Council. While it is known as an example of modern architecture, its ornate façade makes reference to Spanish