Moleskine Sketchbook inky Rome
As one of Europe’s oldest cities, Rome is steeped in history. It is home to some of the most stunning architecture, awe-inspiring art, and incredible historical monuments. During my day trip to Rome, I visited these wondrous destinations:
- Pantheon: This former Roman temple is one of the best-preserved buildings from Ancient Rome. Nearly 2000 years after construction, its dome is still the largest unreinforced concrete stone dome in the world.
- Fontana Di Trevi: The Trevi Fountain is a stunning piece of art, and has been featured in classic films like La Dolce Vita. Legend has it that anyone who throws a coin into the fountain is guaranteed to return to Rome.
- Foro Ramano: As the heart of Ancient Rome, this monument has been referred to as the most celebrated meeting place in the history of the world. Many of Ancient Rome’s most important buildings surround the Roman Forum, including Temple of Vesta and the complex of the Vestal Virgins.
- Colosseo: The Colosseum is the most famous monument in Rome. Made from just concrete and sand, it is an impressive architectural feat as it is the largest amphitheater ever built.
- San Pietro: As one of the largest churches in the world, the Basilica of St Peter is the most famous works of Renaissance architecture. It is supposedly the burial place of Saint Peter and the first Pope.