Wine Region Map of Chinon France
Wine Region Map of Chinon France. Gallimard approached me about designing a map of the Chinon region in France. The client wanted an illustration for a youth edition of its travel guide, that is accurate and detailed enough to serve as an educational reference.
The editorial team at Gallimard’s provided a list of places of interest to be depicted on the map, such as:
- Chinon et la forteresse
- Les caves painctes
- Pont à Nonnain
- Parilly, Château de Vauguyon et château de Vaugaudry
- Gué de Vède et chateau du Gué de véde (Scène de bataille)
- Ville de La Roche-Clermault (Personnage de Picrochole)
- Château de Coudray-Montpensier
- La devinière (demeure de Rabelais)
- Ville de Lerné (illustration d’une fouasse)
- Candes St Martin (confluende le la Vienne et de la Loire)
- Pays de Véron (Personnage de Gargantua buvant du vin)
- Château de Coulaine
- Château d’Ussé
- Abbaye de Turpenay
- Port Ruault (lieu dit)
- Ile Bouchard
- Grotte de la Sybille (Personnage de la sorcière Sybille)
Gallimard’s travel guides are known for being very visual, including plenty of illustrations that provide readers with a better understanding of the area they plan to visit. They offer an in-depth look at the history, traditions, nature, art and architecture of each area, with graphics to enhance the guide and ensure that it can be read before, during and after a trip.
My illustration will be included on pages 28 and 29 in the section about the history of La Rabelaise.
To find out more about my latest projects, click here.