Typographic Nationwide VCCP Creative Agency History Poster Gift
20th Century In 1922, Halesend house becomes home to Colonel Samuel Herbert Enderby of Northumberland Fusiliers. The next recorded occupant was during the Second World War, Sir Bertine Sutton. A pilot that was awarded a Military Cross flying during the third battle of Ypres, and also the Distinguished Service Order for ‘conspicuous gallantry and devotion to duty’. Post-war & Motoring In the early 1950s, Halesend becomes home to Leonard Percy Lord – the man behind the famous ‘Mini’ and ‘Morris Minor’
Halesend Transformed In 2003 the house was for sale again, to be sold as either one large, 500 acre lot, or divided into eight smaller lots. In the end, the Halesend House separated from the farm buildings, as well as areas of farmland and woodlands, cottages, and shooting rights. In September 2003, the property now known as Woods End Barn was sold to Ronald and Nicolette Cottam as part of the purchase of the farm buildings of Halesend. In August 2015 the Nicholas family purchased Woods End Barn and made it their home.